suemomofthreeboys
suemomofthr... asks:
Q:

Is it better to have a shy child in a large or small school.

In Topics: School and Academics, Learning issues and special needs

|

The size of the school should not be a factor in shyness. Overcoming shyness may include gaining confidence in new situations, learning how to make friends, being comfortable with talking with adults. I recommend participating in a drama, beginning backstage and then trying a small on-stage part. Later as the child gains confidence, he or she may be more likely to try new experiences.

0
0

Mapard5431
Mapard5431 writes:
I think its best to work the child up the ladder. Start out with a small setting. Smaller settings allows them to not be overwhelmed by so many people to up to and then as they become more comfortable and confident, they can increase to being around more and more peers.

I myself suffer from severe shyness at the age of 22 and I find if I have smaller groups it takes me a shorter amount of time to open up to those around me.

0
0
Amber-Ice
Amber-Ice writes:
i'd say a large school. so that child could get over her shyness

0
0
carriesimpkins
carriesimpk... , Student writes:
no it is not because when its time to do groups she going to have to break out of her shell :)

0
0