Vamp_girl6
Vamp_girl6 , Student asks:
Q:

What do I do with a song I wrote?

I wrote a song and i don't know what to do with it. I can't sing (at least I don't think I can)...Do I just leave it alone or do I take it to a songwriter and find out if its good or not?
In Topics: Jobs/Careers, Creative arts

|
bob , Parent writes:
Lyrics and music?  Just the fact that you wrote a song is a hint that you should explore getting into creating music - you wrote in your profile that you're already into music.  Pick up or borrow a basic acoustic guitar, find a web site that shows the basics of how to tune it and play it and then practice.  There are some music basics you need to learn concerning scales, keys, and chords.  A piano or similar keyboard is a big help in learning the basics.  With the right motivation, you can go somewhere with this.

Is there a music teacher at your school?  If so, take the song to him or her and talk about what to do with it.  This is either going to move things forward or fizzle out, but you'll never know until you go for it.  There's a possibility that the teacher will be surprised by your initiative and help you out.  See what you can do to explore singing - I get a sense that you're thinking that maybe you could sing if someone got you started.

4
0
New'New
New'New , Student writes:
I agree with Bob, that's great motavation by the way Bob!

1
0