Jordansmom73
Jordansmom73 asks:
Q:

I'm a single mom with a son that seems to be a slow learner,what can i do to get him to excel?? I took him out of public school in hopes of helping.

In Topics: Learning styles and differences, Single parent families

|

ShirleyCressDudley

I know you want what's best for your son. It's difficult, sometimes as a single mom to make decisions- but know that you don't have to rely just on your own opinion. Seek out the knowledge of the school system (public or private) and ask for their assistance in getting what your son needs.

Don't take all the burden on yourself, ask for help.

I wish you the very best,

Kindest Regards,

Shirley Cress Dudley
Executive Director of The Blended and Step Family Resource Center
Best selling author of the book, Blended Family Advice

0
0

littleredboat
littleredboat writes:
Did you enroll him in another school?

Children need others kids to play and socialise with so if you are homeschooling him , take him to the park after 3pm and on weekends for interaction with other kids.

I am a great fan of work books evan moor, brain quest etc.  I don't know how old he is but  then start on kindergarten books and then work
 your way to his grade level.  Education.com has tons of free printables and downloadable work books ( $60 for 2 years).

He will need extra work everyday, not just the basics, you will have to use books or printouts to keep him constantly ahead of the work in school( ask his teacher for the subject area she will over each month and get a head start)

0
0
Sounder
Sounder writes:
Hi

Lots of encouragement and praise is one of the ways you can help your son, and a curriculum that will provide bite size pieces of material so he can easily grasp concepts. I found Accelerated Christian Education, one of the best in the business, children use paces (small booklets) instead of hard-back books, a child can work at his/her own pace, and is an excellent curriculum for mastery. Hope this helps

0
0
OK1234
OK1234 writes:
MAYBE A HOME TUTOR MAY HELP YOU I HAVE A 3YR OLD IM NOT SURE BUT I WOULD GET A TUTOR EARLY TO ELIMATE ALL THE LEARNING PROBLEM NOW

0
0
Anonymous