sallysalad
sallysalad asks:
Q:

My Sister's Cutting?

I think my older sister is cutting herself. She about 16 but she's not like what you would think. She's funny, always laughing, and usually positive. Today we went out with friends and so we decided to sit somewhere. So, she was wearing a skirt with leggings and so her skirt rose a little. I dropped a fork so I picked it up and when I looked over, my sister's right thigh had a bunch of slices on it. I was shocked completely. She doesn't seem to be the person to do that. Anyway, I want to confront her about it but I don't know if I should and how to do it. I was going to talk to my mom about it but I was wondering if I should say something first to my sister then my mother. It may just be my imagination and it could just be from overstretching her stockings, but I'm scared that it isn't. I'm especially worried because I remember once joking with her and she said that it's stupid of people to slit their wrists, if they were going to cut they should cut on their thighs because nobody would see it.
Please help on what to do. Should I confront her directly?
 Please tell me and give me some options or something.
In Topics: Cutting

|
citylights
citylights writes:
I was the happy go lucky girl while I was cutting. That doesn't make a difference. Talk to her about it. Find out if she's actually doing it. If she is try talking to your counselor at school or a trusted adult.

0
1
Lowks
Lowks writes:
She cuts her self because she is seening every one doing dumm things

1
2
realbluewriter
realbluewri... writes:
She is cutting because of most likely an undiagnosed problem such as depression, Obsessive-Compulsive disorder, or a trauma that she's been through and is trying to deal with alone. She needs help. Cutting often turns to suicide without proper intervention. I would suggest not talking to her because she'll have an extreme need to hide it and it might make it worse. Go straight to the most trusted adult you know, hopefully a mother or father who can get her the help she needs to heal. Good luck and let us know.

0
0