Hooter
Hooter asks:
Q:

do the size of ice cubes in a tray affect how quickly they melt?

In Topics: Science fair

|

greenprof2

I would think so. Of course, you can run a simple test to find out, using two ice cubes of different sizes and timing their melting. Repeat it 5 times using the exact same sized cubes and then calculate the average time of both cubes melting, then draw your graph. Not what I'd call an ingenious project but maybe you were just looking to get by?

0
0

pigtoria
pigtoria writes:
Hi Hooter....

Size is a factor that determines the melting rate of ice cubes.  But more important than size is the density or "solidness" of the ice cubes.  If you take a big ice cube that is hollow and a small ice cube that is solid in the middle, my guess is that the hollow ice cube would melt much faster than the solid ice cube.

It's a fun science fair project to explore these two factors and how they affect the melting rate.  I am curious to know the results.

Vicki

1
0
hars
hars writes:
in melting position the some part of tray is blank.

1
0
greenprof2
greenprof2 writes:

1
0
seetasravya
seetasravya writes:
Yes they melt.

1
0