Chesh asks:

Would sneakers with roller skates and sleds be good pre-ski equipment for a two year old to get the sliding sensation?

In Topics: Exercise and fitness

Hi Chesh,

That sounds like a great idea! While I've heard of two-year-olds skiing with a harness and a parent holding onto them, in my opinion, that is a little early to start. I think sledding would be great preparation to get kids accustomed to the sliding sensation.

I'm not sure if you live in a snowy environment or not, but if you don't, I would also just try to get your young child used to snow in general. Build snowmen, go sledding, make snowballs - at least for the next winter or two. After spending some time playing in snow, when he or she is ready to start skiing for the first time, he'll already feel in his element and ready to get going!