janeypaney
janeypaney asks:
Q:

Have questions about "Getting The Soap Out!" project.

I was searching for some scinece fair project ideas here and found a topic which looked pretty interesting
its tiltle is getting the soap out.
its main purpose is to test which which of the following substances, table salt, Epsom salt, sugar or baking soda would be most effective in removing soap from water

When I read the procedure, the last task I had to do is filter all the soap water with different substances and observe each of them

but I have a question here, what will the filteration show? what will be filtered on the coffee filter? soap? and how do we know each substance's affect on the soap water? what am I suppose to observe?

if you dont understand my question please go to this website and read the procedure and please explain to me !!  
http://www.education.com/science-fair/article/g...
In Topics: Science fair

|

MurielGerhard
MurielGerhard writes:
The epsom salt forms a precipitate with the soap when you filter you are removing the soap from the water. Now check the water by shaking no visible suds you have clear water . Do the same with the other chemicals there will not br any precipitate and the water will be milky or cloudy. If you still have a problem {add to your question and I} will be glad to help you . Have a great day. Dr. Gerhard

3
0