mmhrtbw
mmhrtbw asks:
Q:

My son is 12 yrs old, and he wets his bed daily if not woken after 2 hrs sleep. He is smart and intelligent at school, very confident and happy as a person.

In Topics: Physical development, Bedwetting

|

Pediatricians have been studying bed wetting or nocturnal enuresis for a century and we have no answers except it tends to run in families. Most boys stop in puberty if not sooner. There are medications to use for the condition but are only symptom relief for camps, overnights etc...but not a cure.

Do your best to be reassuring, provide comfort eg rubber sheets on the bed or double make the bed for easy stripping in the night if he wakes up to do it.

It will stop; however, if he wets day and night (diurnal enuresis) that is a medical issue.  Ask your pediatrician what she thinks about his condition.

Best wishes to him and you.

1
0

Sarpax
Sarpax writes:
It is not uncommon for children (boys especialy) to wet the bed until they're 13.  I had this problem with two of my boys.  One is now 13 and has stopped and the other is 9 and still wets the bed.

0
1
Anonymous