aj_ff2003
aj_ff2003 asks:
Q:

My son will be 3 in april and wants nothing to do with potty training. How do I get him interested?

My son will go potty in his training potty or the toilet for 2 to 3 days and then doesn't want anything to do with it. I almost had him trained twice now. He keeps telling me he wants to go to school, and I tell him he needs to go in the potty no more diapers. He then says "no I want my diaper". I have tried so many different things to get him potty trained and it seems like nothing works. Help!! I would like for him to get potty trained so he can go to school. Any advise????

Question asked after reading: http://www.education.com/reference/article/Ref_...
In Topics: Potty Training

|

Stop buying expensive diapers or training pants.  Save them for when you must take him out or bedtime.  Take him shopping with you to choose "his big boy pants" explain that he is a big boy now and that he can clean himself.  He will take pride in choosing his big boy pants and the cloth will feel better than the diapers.  Be patient, children develop at different paces and ages and he will get it when he's ready.  Look for signs that your child needs to go and remind him "do you need to go to the bathroom" if he resists gently take him by the hand and tell him "let's try".  Reward his attempts and his success.  Be patient, he'll get it in time.  Best wishes!

0
0