Sosmom asks:

My son has 3 disorders. He has a teacher to help him with his homework however I have to pay for it. I'm a single mother and desperately need funding.

In Topics: Special needs, ADHD & attention issues, Autism & Aspergers Syndrome
> 60 days ago



Wayne Yankus
Dec 23, 2010
Subscribe to Expert

What the Expert Says:

Ask your principal for a child study team evaluation.  The federal law requires that services and accommodations be made for students with academic needs. Next, call your county special services offices to see what they can do to help. Lastly, call the local high school to see if there is a mentor program where senior students can help your son with his homework.

Wayne Yankus, MD, FAAP
expert panelist: pediatrics

Did you find this answer useful?
Answer this question


You are about to choose ${username}'s answer as the best answer.

Cancel | Continue

*You can change the best answer in the future if you think that you received a better answer

How likely are you to recommend to your friends and colleagues?

Not at all likely
Extremely likely