tremama
tremama asks:
Q:

My son, who is 4 yrs old, was confirmed as having  the H1N1 virus.  I took him to his pediatrician this past Tuesday for the vac. Is that enough?

I am wondering the possibly that he  developed immunity equivalent to the first vaccine when he had the flu(3 weeks ago) & therefore his 1st vaccination last week acted as his booster?
In Topics: H1N1 Flu (Swine Flu)

|

Disease and vaccine certainly do confer immunity, however, three weeks in between may not be sufficient according to the manufacturer.  Since actual H1N1 typing is very difficult to obtain, it is possible to confuse some Rhioviruses with flu.

I would ask your doctor's opinion.

0
0

tremama
tremama writes:
Actually, the doctor we took him too confirmed that it was Influenza A, and that the H1N1 was the only one circulating in our area. I have asked this question to his school nurse as well as his pediatrician. Both times, did not get a definitive answer. I do know that it was the flu & not a cold. I'll keep researching, thank you.

0
0