bscott740
bscott740 asks:
Q:

My son is in 4th grade and he rushes through his tests.  How can I help him slow down and take his time?

My son is in 4th grade and his grades are lower this trimester.  His grades are based on test scores.  They do not have to study for these tests.  I do not know how to help him understand that he needs to slow down and read the question thoroughly before answering.  Is this a phase or is there something I can do besides continually telling him to slow down?
In Topics: Learning styles and differences, Motivation and achievement at school

|

Perhaps you can have him practice test taking at home or during school where strategies are introduced and reinforced.

This may be something that the School Psychologist can assist you with, as well.

Good luck to all!

0
0