bnpbnp25
bnpbnp25 asks:
Q:

My son is 6 yrs old, and we are late to recognise that he is lefty. After working hard now he is writing with right hand, but can we change?

hi, my son is 6 yrs old , we are late to recognise that he is lefty, after working hard now he is writing with right hand, but , can  we change it now? from rght to left?
In Topics: Learning issues and special needs, Helping my child with writing

|

Hello and thank you for writing to JustAsk,

Many children cross from right to left and vice versa when they first begin to write.  The key is to allow him to pick which hand is most comfortable and encourage him to write with only one hand once he has made the choice.  And there are some children who are equally as skilled with both hands, thus no choice needing to be made.  In due time you will see his preference shine through.  

Louise Sattler
Owner of Signing Familes™
http://www.SigningFamilies.com

0
0

This could be a blessing, he is ambidextrous.  My son (5) switches from left hand to right hand, but seems to favor his left hand the most.  Let him decide which is the most natural for him.  If he is comfortable writing with his right hand and it's age appropriate legible, I wouldn't concern myself.  However, if he prefers to write left handed, then allow him to practice and make that decision for himself.  He may write with his right hand but choose to bat with his left, etc.  It's not that big of a deal and he's old enough to decide which is best for him.  Best wishes!

1
0