tammy4010
tammy4010 asks:
Q:

The school put my son in 9th grade, but he's only 10 years old. Is this ok?

my son has adhd,learningdisb.the school put him in 9th grade.he can't read so good.my son is only 10 yrs old.is this ok?

the special needs cordn.thinks she knows my son better than i do.he only goes to school hour an half in the morning.i'm sure there is help out there.
In Topics: Special needs

|

Hello and thank you for writing.

I am not sure exactly how to answer this question as it seems like a highly unusual circumstance.  Therefore, I would suggest asking directly to the school special education team or guidance office.

0
0

greenprof2
greenprof2 writes:
This sounds highly unusual to me. You are saying he is not academically at a high school level yet has been placed there. I can't imagine that this situation will help him. I think you need to ask your school district's special education director to reconsider.

1
0
momosan1
momosan1 writes:
Okay....your child cannot skip grades without your written signature/consent....so this is not possible. And with so much testing going on....I find this a little hard to believe.....sorry. I say this because my oldest brother graduated high school at age 14-skipped with parental consent;another brother skipped two grades-with parental consent;and I was placed in gifted classes-only with parental consent.

1
0
VMISSIO
VMISSIO writes:
is the school a k-12th grade? if so, maybe the 9th grade class is special needs or does certain things for that an its a combination of children. if not i would definitely take him out of it.

0
0