REALMOMMY
REALMOMMY asks:
Q:

How and what should I do to get my son to admit that he is bi-sexual?

I HAVE A 13YEAR OLD SON WHO HANG OUT WITH ANOTHER BOY WHO IS BELIEVE TO BE GAY,LATELY I HAD THIS STRANGE FEELING THAT SOMETHING WASN'T RIGHT,AND SINCE THEN I FOUND LETTERS TO SOMEONE ELSE USING CODES THAT MAY IMPLY THAT HE HAVE TRIED OR HAVE THESE FEELINGS ,I ASKED BUT HE SAID NO AND FROM A MOTHER I KNOW MY CHILD AND SOMETHING IS NOT RIGHT PLEASE HELP ANT IDEAS SUGGESTION...... THANKS
In Topics: Self esteem and identity, Parenting / Our Family, Teen sexuality and dating

|

Sexual orientation does not define a person.  Rather, it is very personal choice driven by nature.  Your son must decide whether and when to talk to you about it.  The most important thing for you as a parent is to accept him regardless of his sexual interests.  

Being a teenager is tough enough.  The struggle to figure out who one is where one is going is hard enough.  If you add to it sexual frustration, it  amounts to considerable stress.  Be supportive, loving, and informative.  Be available to talk when he wants to.  Don't criticize his feelings, rather validate them, and one day if he decides that the time is right, he may open up and talk about it.

1
0

eduig7
eduig7 writes:
As a gay woman myself, and someone who has been struggling with religion and society because of this subject, I can honestly say that ever individual has to come out in their own time and in their own way. Your child whether bisexual or not is at an age where he is barely starting to discover his identity. I think the best thing you can do is just love him and let him know that you are there for him no matter what. I wish you the best of luck and patience and wisdom with this and know that there are always people ready and happy to help.

2
1
teencutter
teencutter writes:
1.dont go through his stuff-we HATE that
2.dont stress it,almost every kid has feelings for the same gender at one time or another,it passes
3.(and most important)if he really wanted to tell you,he would

0
0
Anonymous