cala32
cala32 asks:
Q:

my son has ben held back two times and now they are saying they might hold her back again he is 15 teen and in the 8th grad he is having problem wit

can I assist that they pass him he fells like he is behind now in it is stressing him out what do I do

|

You are very concerned about your son's grade placement and his academic progress. As a school counselor, I would study his academic history and testing scores to determine if he has a learning disability, or other factors that hinder his progress. Learning problems can be in reading comprehension, writing, and math. Emotional issues may interfere with his education.

Is he receiving any support from the school? Has his attendance been a factor in his lack of progress?

I agree with you -- retention a third time is not the answer to the question of what will help my son to be more successful in school?

1
0

Erinosho
Erinosho writes:
Don't let them hold him back again,if you don't want him hold back, they can't hold him back. Tell them to let him move on to the next class, it's messing up the child self-esteem.Then you make time on sit with him and help him with his work or get him extra tutoring it's the same thing with my son now he is doing good.

0
0