beth.eaglebrooke
beth.eagleb... asks:
Q:

Where can I get help for my son who is being bullied and the school won't do anything about it because he is the star football player?

In Topics: My Relationship with my child's school, Bullying and teasing

|

It should not matter if the boy who is bullying your son is the star football player. If the principal has not been helpful then try talking to your son's guidance counselor or to the school social worker or school psychologist. You can also go to the school administration office for more support. Many school districts offer a telephone helpline to report bullying and other problems within the schools.

Make sure your son is involved in activities which he enjoys and give him a sense of purpose. Continue to praise him and encourage him so he does not see himself as a victim. Talk to him about standing up for himself and to have resilience against the bully's comments.  Encourage him to talk about his feelings and consider meeting with a counselor if he would like to talk with a 3rd party one on one.

Please give your son our website and phone number. We talk to teenagers everyday who struggle with bullying and many other issues. Your son can also e-mail a counselor if he would rather contact us online. We also talk to parents and have a website for parents as well. We are here 24 hours, 7 days a week to listen a provide support and guidance.

Take care and best wishes to you and your son. We hope to hear from you soon!

Cynthia, Counselor
1-800-448-3000
hotline@boystown.org

1
0

soulsister
soulsister writes:
you might want toreport this matter to the ISD or if you're in Louisiana, report the situation to the school board!!

1
0
carmey
carmey writes:
I would document and detail every incident. Send a certified, notarized letter to the school superintendent, principal, and the inspector general's office, with a copy to your attorney (contact legal aid if you're not budgeted for this extra expense).  

This may render some results.

The bully being a star football player is inexcusable.

0
0
StitchedRose
StitchedRose writes:
i think you should keep him on the team of football (if possible) and move him into a charter school! i am in a charter and there is not much bullying and also the less kids there is the more on top of it they are. i know like everyone in my school by name and im friends with almost everyone! how old is your son?

0
0
richardo14
richardo14 writes:
You need to go to the police department and report this incident.There is anti bullying law that's adopted by every state that will provide you with the tools you need to stop this from continuing.If this continues after you get the police involved,keep a record of every incident and keep them informed.The police can press charges against the parents of the child that's doing the bullying and also the school if they don't do anything to prevent it from continuing.If all else fails,take your child out of that environment and try homeschooling.You also might have to get a lawyer involved.As an author and a parent I know about bullying when my daughter fell victim to it.As a result of that incident I wrote a book for ages 4-8 yrs.I believe that bullying starts at a young age and is a learned behaviour.If you know someone who might benefit from it, go to www.outskirtspress.com/albertthebigeyedsquirrel

0
0