JDSantana asks:

My son chooses clothes that are not appropriate for the weather.  What should I do?

In the morning, my child decides he will wear shorts and t-shirt w/ no coat in 37degree morning. I haven't the time to time out and have to leave for work. What to do?  He went to before care without a coat. I told them at for After care he can't go out and play outside. Is this good enough?

Try setting out the clothes the night before.  Check the weather together and get him involved in the process.  Make a weather chart that between this degree level and that you can wear shorts, but when the temperature is below a certain point you predetermine, clothes come out of this drawer.

Otherwise, you both have to be up earlier to deal with the situation as it occurs.

Wayne A. Yankus, MD, FAAP