jdifjd
jdifjd asks:
Q:

My son has diabetes. What type of PE activities would the school offer?

my son has diabetes.  what type of pe activities would the school offer
In Topics: My Relationship with my child's school, Sports and athletics, Special needs

|
jritchie
jritchie writes:

Thank you for your question. For more information about the PE programs the school offers you will need to contact the school directly. You may use our SchoolFinder tool to find out the school's contact information and also more in depth information about the schools. Education.com also has a lot of great resources for helping children with diabetes. I have linked to both sources below. Best of luck to you.

0
0
FredMBland
FredMBland writes:
You need to ask to his school authority that what kind of PE activities they may provide for such students. But before expecting anything from school you just need to provide proper treatment to your son. I want to tell you better treatment or therapy to you that is use of ayurvedic medicine to diabetes. Why i am preferring ayurvedic medicine? Because it contains herbal ingredients in it that cure diabetic patient more rapidly than other treatment. Get more details.

0
0
Houli
Houli writes:
My son has diabetes as well.  He dealt with PE and his blood sugar when he first went back to school after being treated for the disease.  At first he was very nervous about playing basketball, running around the track, etc., but quickly learned he could do anything he wanted as long as he checked his sugar levels periodically.

As time went by the issue of his diabetes and physical activity at school all but disappeared.  He went on to play basketball, cross country and baseball all four years in high school.

I know it is tough to let go but this is something he needs to handle.  Be patient, have faith and support your son.  He will do fine!  Good luck!

0
0
Anonymous