jdifjd
jdifjd asks:
Q:

My son has diabetes. What type of PE activities would the school offer?

my son has diabetes.  what type of pe activities would the school offer
In Topics: My Relationship with my child's school, Sports and athletics, Special needs

|
jritchie
jritchie writes:

Thank you for your question. For more information about the PE programs the school offers you will need to contact the school directly. You may use our SchoolFinder tool to find out the school's contact information and also more in depth information about the schools. Education.com also has a lot of great resources for helping children with diabetes. I have linked to both sources below. Best of luck to you.

0
0
FredMBland
FredMBland writes:
You need to ask to his school authority that what kind of PE activities they may provide for such students. But before expecting anything from school you just need to provide proper treatment to your son. I want to tell you better treatment or therapy to you that is use of ayurvedic medicine to diabetes. Why i am preferring ayurvedic medicine? Because it contains herbal ingredients in it that cure diabetic patient more rapidly than other treatment. Get more details.
1 day ago

0
0
Lisa18967
Lisa18967 writes:
It's Time to Learn About Diabetes: A Workbook on Diabetes for Children,
-The most widely used resource for helping children manage their diabetes is now totally revised and updated. When kids find out they have diabetes, they often have questions about what it is and how they got it. It's Time to Learn About Diabetes is an entertaining and easy-to-use guide that and explains diabetes in simple terms, showing school-age kids how to help take care of themselves. With friendly cartoon hosts Cindy and Mike, this workbook alleviates the fear associated with insulin shots and blood tests and helps kids understand what's happening in their bodies. By emphasizing the positive and providing an outlet for children to express their feelings, it clearly shows kids how to manage their diabetes and feel good about themselves. It's Time to Learn About Diabetes also includes helpful tips on exercise, healthy eating, caring for diabetes in school, and planning for parties and vacations. Books to Fund a Cure A portion of this book's proceeds will go to the Juvenile Diabetes Foundation International, a not-for profit voluntary health agency, whose primary objective is to support and fund research to find the cause, cure, treatment, and prevention of diabetes and its complications. The JDF gives more money to diabetes research than any other private health agency in the world. JDF Juvenile Diabetes Foundation Library Health/Diabetes/Parenting
-I bought this for my 6 year old son who is on the verge of diabetes. I wanted to point out the reality of diabetes without scaring him too much. Let's face it, diabetes is scary. The workbook has a good amount of age appropriate details (for 10+ year olds) and some exercises to reinforce the information. It is a little advanced for my 6 year old, so we used the text and pictures but not the exercises. My explanations tend to be abstract and a little to old for my son. The little pictures of hungry cells crying out for sugar helped me to explain larger concepts in an age appropriate way.
16 hours ago

0
0
Anonymous