stylishhawk
stylishhawk asks:
Q:

My son getting fat?

My son is trying to get fat. He is eating a ton of food, and is gaining fat fast. I just found out today, but he has been at it since October. He was 100 lbs. now he is 120 lbs. He is 13 years old and 5 feet 2 inches. He said his goal by June is 180 lbs. He now has a very large and flabby stomach that hangs over his pants. All of his pants do not fit anymore, so he is now just wearing stretchy gym shorts. He gets no exercise, and eats one fast food meal a day. I cannot stop him from eating, and he refuses to exercise. What should I do?
In Topics: My child's growth and development, Physical Health

|

First ask his doctor. Boys in puberty do grow fast and get hungry, but if the weight goes on too fast, obesity and higher blood pressure can result. Second, you control the food budget. The way to stop the fast food is to keep his spending cash in your purse not his pocket. Find out from the school what after or before school programs exist for free to encourage exercise or the local YM/YWCA. Go with him and do a family swim or hike. Finally, boys are very focused on body image now but most don't want unwanted weight. Ask why he wants to gain the weight. Start the conversation.

3
0

peacok
peacok writes:
Well you should only buy healthy food and only serve healthy food.

2
1
JamielaIsmail
JamielaIsmail , Teacher writes:
This is very unhealthy because him being fat will impact negatively on his life in all spheres.  Firstly, it is unhealthy to have all this weight for a teenager.  Secondly, the fast foods reduce the brain cells.  Thirdly, he will cause excessive strain on his heart when having to exercise.  You need to control his input and food should be better than fast foods.  A good home cooked meal with low GI content is the way to go.  Sit down and talk to him and get him involved in a youth program where he is active.

0
1
125fcs
125fcs writes:
I think that you should just not buy junk food at all. Maybe sign him up for ballet lessons or something so that he is forced to exercise because it's very fun and energizing and boosts metabolism (:

0
0
artemis.of.the.moon
artemis.of.... , Student writes:
First of all, smack that fast food right out of his hand and ask him if he wants his arteries to clog up. Ask him if he wants to have heart issues by the age of 15. What he is doing is detrimental to both his health and your wallet.

Get that boy a bike and take away video games and television, and tell him to exercise. Remember, muscle weighs more than fat, and he'll be healthier.

You do need to ask him why he wants to gain so much weight, and don't let him talk back to you. And if he refuses to exercise, force him to. I hate to say it, but that might be your ultimate option.

0
0
rudolffairbanks
rudolffairb... writes:
Hello friend, your son is getting fact only because of his eating. so please advice him to avoid fatty and cholesterol content food items. and also take appropriate exercises to reduce fat.

0
0
genermcmillan
genermcmillan writes:
First you make a proper food time table and give only a particular amount of food. otherwise it makes problem in later.

0
0
lionzrawr
lionzrawr writes:
Sounds like you're son has a fat fetish, there is not a lot that you can do about it but control what he eats at home as best you can. I'm not saying give up and just let it happen. But if it is a fetish he will do EVERYTHING in his power to keep getting bigger.

I don't know what to tell you about how to deal with it, but telling you what it probably is seems better then some of the other useless comments you have gotten on here.  

I struggled with this growing up and still am every know and then, if you want more info on a personal level I will give you my email and be more then happy to share if it will help.

0
0