texasmom asks:

My son just recently graduated. He has always had trouble with reading and writing. What can I do?

In Topics: Special education, Special needs
> 60 days ago



Nov 19, 2010
Subscribe to Expert

What the Expert Says:

Hello and thank you for writing to JustAsk!

If your son has difficulties with reading and writing and is under the age of 21, he  may be able to receive some support in public schools- such as at a community college.  This may be an avenue which your son may wish to consider.  Also, mentors can be helpful to assist your son to learn what he needs to know for day to day living skills.  In addition,  job training provided by technical programs may help him to learn vocabulary which is important to his vocation.

We wish your son best.

Louise Sattler, NCSP
Nationally Certified School Psychologist

Did you find this answer useful?
Answer this question


You are about to choose ${username}'s answer as the best answer.

Cancel | Continue

*You can change the best answer in the future if you think that you received a better answer

How likely are you to recommend Education.com to your friends and colleagues?

Not at all likely
Extremely likely