valan123
valan123 asks:
Q:

My son didn't make his high school JV team.

My son, who is a well behaved, honor roll student and a very good baseball player (travel ball, bats 4th in line-up, starts as 3rd and 1st baseman and is a pitcher-closer) did not make his JV baseball team (he is a Freshman.) Boys that made the team, include; lesser players (my son was picked over them in travel ball and LL), boys who are suspended from school and boys who have "Fs" on their report cards (I know because I am a teacher and several of them are in one of my classes) I asked the coach why my son was cut.  He said he was "too slow" and fumbled some grounders.  The coach makes the kids run a lot.  There was a requirement for the boys to finish running a mile within eight minutes.  There is quite a bit of soccer players chosen for the team (the head JV coach is also the head soccer coach) my son does not play soccer. What do you think I should do?
In Topics: Sports and athletics

|

ahli
ahli writes:
If you think that this is serious you should talk to the principal.

0
0