ReeRee
ReeRee asks:
Q:

What can I do to help my son at home?  I'm afraid he's going to fail 3rd grade.

He's failing the most important subjects in school, like reading,math, social studies and science. He's also barely passing language arts. School is already in the third nine weeks, I don't want my son to fail the third grade. What could I do to help him at home?  
In Topics: Helping my child with school work and home work

|

rkaiulani
rkaiulani writes:
Hi Aretha,
I'm sorry to hear that your son is having difficulties in school. It's a good thing for him that he has such a caring and involved parent - that is the first step!
I think that the most important thing that you can do at this point in the year is to talk to your child's teacher seriously about what your son's specific problems are, in order to understand how you can best help him at home.
I also think that this site's "Parent's Guide to Third Grade" might help you. They have articles about what happens in third grade, reading, writing, math, and science, as well as articles about how to help your child with homework, how to talk about learning difficulties, etc. Here is the link:
http://www.education.com/grade/third/
Hope that helps!

1
0