Q:

Is my son a hypersensitive child?

"Not sure where my son fits here. He is 6. He gets upset so easily. It could be he does not like his supper, or its a school day and does not want to go, raising your voice to get him going as he lolly gags, his pants or not right, does not want to eat at all, does not want to go out for supper, does not get what he wants and the list goes on. He is not one to be comforted and offering comfort just makes it worse. He does not want to discuss it. We try to prepare him for such things ahead of time but it does not seem to work. Is this a hypersensitive child?"

Asked by Jodi in commenting on the article, "Raising a Sensitive Child": http://www.education.com/magazine/article/Raisi...
In Topics: My child's growth and development, Parenting / Our Family, Discipline and behavior challenges

|

Jodi:

It sounds like your son may have issues other than being a sensitive child.  Some of these are developmental/maturity which improve with time and mentoring.  However, a sensitive child usually responds poorly to touch, clothing, embrace, texture, aromas etc...Speak to your pediatrician about your concerns. She/he knows him with you the best and can plan what may be necessary for his social and educational success.

3
0

aclt2012
aclt2012 writes:
how is he now? im sure at that age he thinks he is boss and can do and say anything. if he doesnt get help and correct his ways he will always stay like that. beleive me...my brother is 17 and has been doing stuff like that for years. mostly he complains of little things but with an atitutde that comes out of nowhere

0
0
Anonymous