binita
binita asks:
Q:

Should I keep my son in private school?

My 8 year old boy is in private school since he was 4.I am paying around £600/month.I can afford it.It takes 2 hours driving time everyday(30 min each journey) I and my husband can do that, and we are doing it. My son,I think He is smart, active boy. was hold back in reception class(kindergarten)and i never pushed the teacher not to hold him back,didn't mind too much as he was youngest in his class, by holding him back he was oldest in his class, so i thought he had a good chance to show his abilities.(in uk, the cut off birth date is from september 1st. and my son is august born, This year march,he failed an enterance test to new private school.(at that time ,in his currant school he was in year 2)new school principle said he was been tested as per his age and year 3. then i spoke to currant school principle and i said this way my son will always be behind according to his age group. in may they said your son pass year 3 exam(current school)and from new term september ,he will be in year 4. in short ,I am not blaming anybody, but I NEED AN HONEST OPINION, IS MY SON PRIVATE SCHOOL MATERIAL?if not , i can send him in state school and invest all that monies for him ,so he can setup business when he is old enough.he doesn't like to do his homework everyday. but whenever he does he takes less time to understand it,he gets bored quickly of anything.he loves computer.do you think i should give another try for an enterance test  and if he still fail it then send him in state school
In Topics: School and Academics, Choosing a school

|

greenprof2
greenprof2 writes:
It seems to me that your son is not highly motivated toward academic pursuits. If he can be well-enough education in the state school for a work life of his choosing, then it would seem to me to be the wisest course not to waste his time with another entrance examination. If he appeals and wants to go for the private school education, since you can afford it, I would let him do so.

0
0