thfmom asks:

My son is profoundly gifted and needs to enroll in college courses. Because he is 8 the college wants a 504 plan to qualify him. How do I get one?

My son attends a 6th-12th grade prep school that allows for dual enrollment into college when the student is ready. The school is located on the grounds of the university. My son was admitted as a radically accelerated 7 yo. at the beginning of the current school year. His teachers believe that at the beginning of the new school year (Aug 2011)he will need to move to college level in math.

The college is aware of my son and the situation. They are willing to accommodate him but they have stated that there is some federal law that would preclude him without a 504. It is my understanding that 504s were for disabled students. So I don't know how to apply this to my son's situation.

In Topics: My gifted child
> 60 days ago



You are about to choose ${username}'s answer as the best answer.

Cancel | Continue

*You can change the best answer in the future if you think that you received a better answer

How likely are you to recommend to your friends and colleagues?

Not at all likely
Extremely likely