CherylB99
CherylB99 asks:
Q:

Is my son ready for 1st grade?

My son is 5 and turning 6 in 3 months. He has been in preschool for 3 years and we work with him at home. I looked over the assessment for kindergarten and he knows everything on the sheet. Then I looked at the first grade skills assessment and I feel that he would be better suited for first grade. When they did his initial testing, the counselor commented how advanced he was and what a great job we did preparing him and that he was "more than ready" for kindergarten.  He tells me he is bored with kindergarten because they are learning how to recognize and write all the letters of the alphabet (which he has been doIng for over a year already). How do I approach the school about this without seeking like I am being "that mom who thinks her kid is a genius"!!??
In Topics: Kindergarten readiness, My Relationship with my child's school, Learning disabilities

|
Anonymous