poolgirl
poolgirl asks:
Q:

my son recieve 8 stitches after being jumped at school , is the school liable for his hospital bill?

In Topics: School and Academics, Working with school administrators, Bullying and teasing

|

I'm sorry to hear about your son.  I hope that he is feeling better.

As far as the school being responsible, that is a legal question and one that you probably want to seek council on.  Each state varies.  Just keep in mind that the school board has money to fight lawsuits that they feel they can win.  A question you might want to consider is, could the school have prevented the incident from happening?  What I mean by this is, were there supposed to be teachers present outside the school build at the time the attack occurred?  Was school in session or did it happen after school hours?  If this happened at dismissal and teachers were supposed to present where were they?  Did they see anything?  If supervision should have been in place, then you might have a case.

Hope I've given you some things to think about.

Barb K
www.LessonPop.com

0
0

Wayne Yankus writes:
typically your primary insurance covers first with the school's insurance as secondary or supplementary to the primary insurance. Check with your school nurse as to what to do.

1
0
bgerber
bgerber writes:
My students believe that if it took place on the school grounds, then yes, the school is liable for the expense. The bullies should be charged and held accountable too, according to school policies.

0
0
cuteypie12
cuteypie12 writes:
yes it was at school the the teachers should have been watching or asking questions

0
0
Matie101
Matie101 writes:
Yes the school pays it or the people who jumped him

0
0
cw12
cw12 writes:
I think the school should pay the bill. (It will be expensive...)

2
0
Amootry
Amootry writes:
It was on school grounds...I would hold the school and the parents of the kids that jumped him responsible for all medical bills and include any counseling sessions, medications, etc.

0
0
Anonymous