couponmom
couponmom asks:
Q:

My son has a simple machine science project for his 5th. grade science class and he really needs help coming up with ideas for it! Help please!!!

The simple machine has to be imaginative,make your life simpler, have a use,and its not suppose to be already invented!!! This is where we are having trouble. I did find out you could use a concept of a simple machine that already exists but you would have to make improvements to it! He has to be able to draw it and also make a model of it! It has to be creative and I guess we aren't! I would appreciate any suggestions and help that anyone has! Thanks in advance...
p.s: It has to work on the plan of either a lever,wedge,screw,fulcrum... again thanks for any help offered!!!
In Topics: Helping my child with science

|

bob , Parent writes:
Not already invented???  The images that come to mind are the old Rube Goldberg contractions where every piece of the creation was based on some simple machine: lever, winch, inclined plane, screw, etc., but the combination of all of them did something never done before.  An ingenious doorbell, something to get you out of bed in the morning (like a level Mom can pull to shake Junior's bed), a rain detector (rain fills cup, tips a lever on a fulcrum, ...), a better mousetrap, a device to scare whatever animal is eating your flower garden up.  Does any of that trigger something?

Look through the artwork gallery on rubegoldberg.com (link below) to spark some creative thinking.

1
0