kassieh
kassieh asks:
Q:

My son is two, very very smart for his age but won't communicate with me...

My son is turning two in june, he recognizes every letter of the alphabet when you write them, he can write most of them, knows all his shapes, learning his colors quickly, knows all his animals and most sounds they make, counts everything he can including just recently counting your fingers and something new everyday. The problem lies simply in the fact that he won't talk to me. I can not tell my son to go pick up a toy, he doesn't understand that or at least he acts as though he can't. I can't ask him what he wants, he won't tell me. He does not call me or say mommy to get my attention. When he throws a fit it is way over the top. He does however make eye contact, listen, smile at others and loves other children. I don't think its autism but I don't know what to think someone help, I am having a screening done for the 4th time because I don't know what to do, I just want my son to talk to me!
In Topics: My gifted child

|