faxy
faxy asks:
Q:

my son has been teasing everyday at school,he told me,he complain this to teacher everyday,but she didnt do anything about it!what can i do to help?

|

I am so very sorry to hear that your son is being teased. Given your experiences with your son, I'm sure that you are already aware of the negative consequences associated with teasing. Children who are teased exhibit greater emotional distress, physical problems, and problems with academic performance. The risks are so great that Education.com has gathered the foremost experts in the area of bullying to provide a top-notch resource on understanding and preventing bullying. The first link below will take you to this section of our site.

The Education.com Special Edition will provide information on stopping bullying, but I will also give you some additional advice here.

First, you should approach your son's teacher and/or principal to discuss the situation. School personnel should be alerted to the bullying and be aware of the times of the day in which the bullying occurs. If, and when, bullying occurs, school personnel should be prepared to intervene and a plan should be in place to support your son and take appropriate steps with your son's bully. Typically, the steps for managing bullying on campus are written in the school's bullying statement. If your son's school does not have one, then you should work with the principal to draft one. Also, seek out opportunities outside of school for your son to experience positive relationships with peers. Coordinate with your son's friends or other children he would like to make friends with, to create structured play date activities after school or on the weekends. For more on this, take a look at the Education.com Bullying Special Edition.

Counseling Psychologist
Education.com Expert Panel
1
0