Anonymous
Q:

My son is going through a serious teen rebellious phase! He won't listen to me, and I suspect him and his friends are drinking. Help!

He comes home after curfew almost every weekend night, and I sometimes suspect that I smell alcohol on his breath.

Should I ground him? No prom? I hate to resort to that, but I'm not sure what else to do.

Thanks for your help!
In Topics: Teen issues, Teen alcohol and substance abuse

|
joberhau

Best Answer!

Hi Anonymous,

I'm sorry to hear you are dealing with that with your son.  It is really hard to deal with teenagers when they are feeling rebellious.  Try to talk to him about how he feels about drinking and make sure not to be too aggressive, because that frequently makes the teen rebel even more.  If you stress how important it is to be safe and educated about alcohol he will be more likely to come to you honestly about what is going on.

1
0

louellacoralyngarcia
louellacora... writes:
Give them an activity that they can share and accomplish as a group , invite his friends at home for lunch, have them go to the supermarket and buy the ingredients and cook what they want to have for lunch ,..then cook something too to add to what they had cooked.

1
0