momma_vines
momma_vines asks:
Q:

My son has trouble speaking a few letters of the alphabet and I need ideas to help him

I've tried helping him say the letters C and T but C always comes out as T and T comes out as C. The same goes for G comes out as D. I don't know what else to do. Are there excerises I can do with him to help him sound them out correctly? He will be three in Oct.
In Topics: Kindergarten readiness, Speech and language issues

|

ChildSpeechLanguage

Children learn to pronounce different sounds at their own pace. Some children are able to pronounce most sounds correctly by 3, yet others have difficulty with certain sounds.

Some sounds such as the /s/, /r/, or /th/ sounds often develop later in a child’s life.  Consequently, some children may not be able to pronounce them until 5 or 6 years of age. Other sounds such as /p/, /b/, /t/, /d/, /k/, /g/ may develop earlier for children, so by age 3, many children are able to say them correctly.

If you have concerns that your child may not be saying these early developing sounds correctly, it would be important to have him evaluated by a licensed speech-language pathologist (“speech therapist”). The therapist would be able to tell you if your child is on target with his sound development or if he could use some help with production of certain sounds. 

0
0

LBrockert
LBrockert writes:
One thing that has helped my son and daughter learn and enunciate letters better are the Leap Frog Letter videos. They watch, sing and practice the letters with the videos characters. My favorite is "Letter Factory" and now there is a newer "Amazing Alphabet Amusement Park" letter video as well. They worked for my children

0
0
Anonymous