momonthego2
momonthego2 , Teacher, Parent asks:
Q:

My son has just turned 3, what is the secret to potty training a boy?

In Topics: My child's growth and development, Potty Training

|

Be sure you and he are ready then make sure he can reach and aim directly into the toilet using a stool to stand on. Set up the rewards chart, sometimes a floating target helps in the bowl, and keep taking him in every so often. Reward successes and acknowledge gracefully the failures. The trick is consistency and timing.

0
0

rkaiulani
rkaiulani writes:

While I don't have any insight into potty training for boys in particular, I think you should check out this potty training readiness quiz. Kids are ready to potty train at different stages, so the first step is to figure out whether your son is ready to go. Next step? Check out this Preschool Readiness resource page, which has a section on potty-training. Good luck!

0
0
Huda
Huda writes:

potty training in my opinion is all about mother readiness, because in age of 3 the boy is ready of course. i potty trained my 3 years son at age of 2 years and 3 months. I wanted to do that before, but the problem was in me, as i used to see it as the most difficult thing to do. but it turned out to be a very easy task, you only need to be patient. You can use this trick, if you put your son to a nap during the day, when he wakes up put him on the potty because people tend to go to toilet after waking up.

0
0