Jessieleigh86
Jessieleigh86 asks:
Q:

How can I help my son do his writing at home and school

I need to know on how I can help with his writing and his teacher is also having problems with him not wanting to do his homework. On Monday's and Tuesday's he has writing homework and it literal takes me 2-21/2 hours to have him finish it. The teacher gave his word wall list and he uses it, He is to sound out the words and figure out what letter it is he knows all his letter sounds. He is just plain out refusing and wanting me to give him the words and the sounds of the words. The words don't have to be spelled correctly just as long as he tries get the letters sounds that he hears in the words. So how can I motivate him and help him with his writing? He's only writing 2-3 sentences and he his in kindergarten.

|

Homework can be interactive and fun! It sounds like he is frustrated. The teacher has high expectations and he may be overwhelmed. Divide the big mountain of homework into little bits. He is more likely to read 2 words at a time than 20 words on a word wall. You can put the words he knows on a " wall" that is his star wall.

0
0