amyoc
amyoc asks:
Q:

My son will be a young five entering kindergarten.  I know his academic skills are where they should be.  How much more important is social readiness?

He can read, write, and follow direction.  He has not had a problem with any of the material.  He listens to direction and plays well with the other children.  I am concerned he should be in his own age group.  He is finishing Pre 3 now and can go either to Pre 4 or Kindergarten.  His birthday is in September, so he would be a young five.  
My concerns are that my school may not offer half day kindergarten, and he is having some issues in the bathroom.  He also has two younger siblings at home and I think would benefit from being around kids his own age.  Im so confused, what do you think, pre 4 or kindergarten?

Question asked after reading: http://www.education.com/reference/article/so-y...
In Topics: Kindergarten readiness

|