scaredformychild
scaredformy... asks:
Q:

My sons kindergarten teacher is a negative, unhappy woman who labels young children and then exagerates situations to make herself seem overworked.

In Topics: Working with my child's teacher(s)

|

MTrejo

What is the question.  I do not know what is being asked.

0
1

I'm sorry to hear about your disappointment with your child's kindergarten teacher. Education.com has a resource center with lots of information about building positive relationships with teachers: http://www.education.com/topic/parent-teacher-relationship/
This center includes articles on how to address this issue with the principal too, if you aren't successful in your attempts to address the problem directly with the teacher.

1
0
Totaltutor
Totaltutor writes:
I answered this question on my show the Total Education Show. I believe you need to contact the principal and set up a meeting with your child's teacher.  In addition, I would observe the class to make sure you no what's going on.

1
1
Hi scared for my child,

I read the article that you left reference to and it is a well written article covering several issues that parents have concerns about.  

I'm sorry that you have such poor feelings toward your son's kindergarten teacher.  Sending your child to kindergarten is worrisome enough without the added stress of a teacher that you don't feel comfortable with.  However, don't be so hasty to make such strong judgments about the teacher.  You can't be certain if she is so miserable that she is determined to make the children miserable also.  

You can get involved and volunteer, you would probably be a welcome guest by the teacher and I'm sure that your son would also enjoy your being a part of his classroom.  This would give you the opportunity to become more familiar with the teacher and the students in your son's class.  You may be more understanding if you're a part of the day to day activities and see just how much is involved in keeping a young class structured and organized.  

Fortunately, you didn't mention that your son is having any difficulties in the class so that is a clue to me that he has had a successful year and you are only dissatisfied with the teacher's performance and her "milking ability".  Just overlook things that really don't matter and this school year is about to come to an end, hopefully your son's 1st grade teacher will be more suitable to your taste.

Best Wishes!

0
0