Gordy asks:

Is there a special class for slow learning disability at bay crest elementary ?

In Topics: School and Academics, Children and stress, Communicating with my child (The tough talks)
> 60 days ago



Sep 26, 2010
Subscribe to Expert

What the Expert Says:

Hello and thank you for writing to JustAsk!

All public school districts in the United States have programs to evaluate children who have significant delays with core subjects- such as reading.  If you feel that your child is exhibiting a learning disorder, please ask for an evaluation or a review of his status, in writing.  Send or deliver to the school to which your child attends. If your child qualifies for services they will tell you where they are located.  The key is always to give the services in the "least restrictive environment".

For more information about learning disabilities go to http://www.nasponline.org (parent section).

Good luck!

Louise Sattler
Nationally Certified School Psychologist
Owner of Signing Families

Did you find this answer useful?
Answer this question


You are about to choose ${username}'s answer as the best answer.

Cancel | Continue

*You can change the best answer in the future if you think that you received a better answer

How likely are you to recommend Education.com to your friends and colleagues?

Not at all likely
Extremely likely