slott12345
slott12345 asks:
Q:

Need a special ed. school for my son in Alameda County (CA). Is there one website that lists all special needs schools both private and public?

I need some help.  I am having a terrible time trying to find an appropriate placement for my 13 year old son.  He is bi-polar, ADHD, SID, CAPD and just recently was evaluated at the Diagnostic Center in Fremont.  I am told he is so low he is considered mentally retarded (I hate that term) My son is challenged, but he is also funny, creative, sensitive, loving and I am not sure if he is retarded or not.  Anyone who knows me says he is well behaved and very cute. He looks so with it and behaves pretty well.
I am desperate to find a school for him where he will be praised for what he can do and no the other way around. I live in Alameda County and we hate the ED Program he has been shoved into due to lack of options. I have spent hours and hours searching.  Is there one website that lists all special needs schools both private and public?

Sincerely, Sherry
In Topics: Choosing a school, Special education

|
eliad
eliad , Parent writes:
I'm sorry to hear about the difficult time you're having finding the right environment for your child (this must be heart breaking as a parent)

I hope you find a good place for him where he can learn, grow and have fun. Here is a list of Special-Ed and Alternative schools:
http://www.education.com/schoolfinder/searchresult/?searchType=simple&searchTerms=Special+Education+Alameda+County%2C+CA&street=&city=&state=&zip=

0
0
Peacock108
Peacock108 writes:
It sounds like he might be a good match for Oak Hill, in San Anselmo. It's a small school with a very dedicated staff and a unique approach to helping children get the education they need in a very supportive environment. It was started by a group of four families several years back and though it is now a larger school with about 30 students and as many support staff, it hasn't lost that feel. I'd suggest calling for a tour as their website is a little out of date! 415 457 7601

0
0