savekids
savekids asks:
Q:

What can I do to help special ed students who have an abusive teacher and the administration gets rid of the accuser and supports the teacher.

I was a long term sub (4 mo), as a personal assistant, in a special ed class and I observed the teacher verbally, emotionally and sometimes physically abusing the students. I documented the incidents and reported the teacher. I was not retained the following year and I have been limited from certain substitute jobs. The teacher has not be touched. What can I do to help these kids?  
In Topics: Working with school administrators, Bullying and teasing

|

We are very sorry to hear what you went through by trying to help the children in your care. It seems unfair to you and to the children. If you feel you have gone as far as you can by reporting the teacher and going to the district superintendent, then you have done what you can at this point within the school district.

As a teacher or employee of the school, you are a mandatory reporter of child abuse. You can call Child Protective Services and make a report if you feel the children are at risk. Make sure you have everything documented because they will want to know as many facts as possible.

Please feel free to contact our Hotline and speak with a crisis counselor if you need more advice and support. Our counselors are here 24 hours, 7 days a week. Take care and we wish you the best.

Cynthia, Counselor
1-800-448-3000
hotline@boystown.org

2
0

mariaa79
mariaa79 writes:
put a hidden cam...

0
1
BananaJustine
BananaJustine writes:
You can't controll what other people do, so all you can do is give him/her as much love as possible, and hope the world will change someday.

0
1
EdieRaether
EdieRaether , Teacher writes:
This concerns me.  I have interviewed many people in my book, Stop Bullying Now, where similar situations have occurred.  Do not stop
your efforts.  I would take it to the school board and if no help...the media or call me.  The fact that you have been passed over for subbing
since you reported this concerns me as well.   Please continue to take action.  It is not fun to get into legal battles but I think there could
be grounds fo such in your case. Take it to a higher and higher level until you get results and my blessing to you for CARING and taking action.

1
0