There are a variety of safety concerns for a child under age 5, whether inside or outside the home. In Education.com's resource center focused on the early years, you'll find several links to informatino about early childhood safety: http://www.education.com/age/early-years/ , such as...
Safety Hazards for age 3:
1. Placing small objects into their mouth.
2. Wearing shoes that do not support their feet.
3. Wearing loose clothing that gets caught on handles or chairs.
4. Wearing clothing that is not easy on or easy off, especially coats.
5. Walking alone unattended.
6. Carrying sharp objects while walking.
7. Climbing stairs.
8. Using teeth to bite other humans.
9. Carrying glass objects.
10. Window blind strings.
11. Open heaters.
12. Hot water.
13. Leaving a classroom or a group.
14. Running between cars.
15. Running to get others to chase them.
16 Running inside a building or around a room.
17. When in line, kicking the person in front of them.
18. Choaking on solid pieces of food.
19. Drinking untested hot beverages.
20. Pulling up their pants cause them to fall face forward (body out of balance.