Mark00b
Mark00b asks:
Q:

What are the standard School Fees in the Florida County?

Hi, Myself, myself and our 6yr old son are moving to palm beach in a few months time. I'm just struggling to find out what cost are involved sending our son to school and which grade would he be going to.

At the moment we live in the UK and he is in year 1.
Can someone please tell me what it would cost per month/term to send my son to school. Also what after school care costs.

Thank you
God bless
In Topics: Back to school

|
kellysfinn
kellysfinn , Parent writes:

Great news! If you are considering public schools in the US, then there is no tuition cost.  Private options do have tuitions that are usually based on the annual school year.  After school costs can vary widely depending on the option you choose.

I've included a link below to our SchoolFinder resource to learn more about the public and private options in Palm Beach. Also, I suggest contacting the school district directly to learn about enrollment and after-school options.  Here's an article on questions you might consider in the school selection process as well: http://www.education.com/reference/article/Ref_Selecting_Your_Child/?page=3

Best,
Kelly

2
0
taxllady
taxllady writes:
School fees range from $5,000 to over $15,000 per year depending on your choice of schools.  If you choose the public option for school then the neighborhood that you live in will determine which school your child will likely attend. After care in the public school system ranges from $150-$250 per month.  The grade in the public school system is determined first by the date of birth.  Your child has to be of the determined age on or before September 1st of the school year.  Let say your child was six in November 2009. This means that he would currently be in kindergarten. There are also ways of getting your child tested out of a grade.  The child's teacher can help with this or there are some agencies in Palm Beach that will test your child for a fee.  It is probable best to try to find out which one is accepted by the school board.  There are also Montessori public schools that are awarded by lottery and magnet programs embedded within the public school system.  My son is in kindergarten in a Montessori Public school and my daughter is in a magnet program in high school and is doing honors and advance level classes. My daughter did private school through the middle of grade 4,  Her tuition included before and after care if I needed it. Flat fee plus lunch.
Good luck hope that this helped.

2
0