k_bullet
k_bullet , Student, Parent asks:
Q:

what would be the best way to start tutoring 4 grader that reading level is 2?

anyone please feel free to answer, thank you
In Topics: Learning a second language

|

Caring2
Caring2 writes:
Peaking your childs interested would be my recommendation-Does your child like computers. Start with a computer program such as education city.com or one like discovery.  Most schools PAY for these websites each year and have others with wonderful reading programs where they can choose from various books like you would a bookshelf on a Nook.  Or if they have a favorite character or their friends have a favorite character.  I have 3 children, the first was the Highest reader at his entire school. My 2nd child did not enjoy reading.  I worked at it for years and paid top dollar to get the exact books she wanted.  Remember even craft books, kid magazines all involve reading so whatever peaks their interest the most will  help them increase their reading time which naturally increases their reading level.  Now my 2nd child is in middle school and is in gate language arts and just this year decided they like to read (specific things mind you : )  It does work. I have personally worked with a few children who struggle with this and the ones I personally worked with this was how they increased their reading by a few levels in a year.  Blessings to you.

0
0