mommy_monster
mommy_monster asks:
Q:

I'm in the state of Washington. When would my child start school?

In Topics: Back to school

|

Allyn Anderson

Contact a local elementary school nearest you and ask them for the starting age. If you reside in the school's attendance area, ask them about a kindergarten orientaiton, if appropriate.

0
0

laurenf
laurenf writes:
If you are referring to a preschooler who will begin kindergarten soon, the Washington State Legislature states, "...a child must be five years of age as of midnight August 31 of the year of entry to be entitled to enter kindergarten" on the attached link.

If you are referring to what specific date school starts for this year, I would contact your local school, or search their website (or the district's website) for the 2010-2011 Academic calendar.

1
0
Hi, Adding to the previous answer you received...

Here's a free online resource for locating the school or district's telephone number: http://www.education.com/schoolfinder
SchoolFinder also includes school test scores, student-to-teacher ratios, community reviews and more!

0
0