LILDGK
LILDGK asks:
Q:

How can I stay focused in school?

|
JamielaIsmail

Best Answer!

you are at school to learn and that is a reason enough to stay focussed.  I suggest that you set yourself some goals and have a time frame which in turn will make you realise that you have no time to fool around.  learn and prepare at home the night before about the subjects you will be doing the next day so that you can answer as well as ask questions.  this shows the teacher that you are serious about learning and it might just encourage others to do the same and they will look up to you and respect you.  education is important these days and i think you should become serious about it. your parents / mom guardians pay a lot of money to send you to school. the least you can do is to learn and be obedient / diligent so that one day you too can be of benefit to your  parents, yourself and to society.  be the student who wants to excel and it comes with hard work and determination.

3
0

Wvu68
Wvu68 writes:
Get plenty of sleep will help. However, you should try some types of fidgets. This will help you to focus on the class especially if you have ADHD. Fidgets could be a squeeze ball, a bracelet that you can snap, or anything that you can play with that does not make sounds to interrupt the class. Most of your fellow students will not even realize that you are doing something to help yourself to stay focused.

0
0
linda.theappletree
linda.theap... writes:
It depends on why you cannot focus.  Are you tired from staying up too late the night before?  Are you hungry and your stomache is growling?  Are you distracted by family or personal problems? If the answer to all of those questions are no, I would suggest an evaluation for ADD.  My daughter had difficulty focusing in school and did poorly.  Because she was quiet and calm, it never dawned on me that she had ADD.  It was only after she was placed on medication that she was truly able to pay attention and succeed.   Now as a young adult, she needs her medication to be able to ay attention at work.  Once, when she forgot it, she called me to bring it to her at work because she was completely screwing up what she was doing because she couldn't concentrate.  I know medication is not for everyone, but in her case, she is successful with it, and was not without it.

1
0
IaYang
IaYang writes:
Think of your future. What you accomplish now affects your future. It affects how well you can provide for your future family. I wish I thought about that when I was in college. I think it would have motivated me more and I would have gotten a higher degree than just a Bachelor's degree. My motivation was to finish college so I could get a job so I could move out of my parent's house. Now that I have children, I wish I would have done better. I would have a better job and I could be a better provider. It's hard when you have to say No to your children. Also when you're older you start comparing your life style to your friends, relatives, and co-workers. You want to feel like you did better. Also think of time management. Set aside time for school work and set time aside for play. Both are important to your mental well being. Have a great life!

0
0