girlieonthelake
girlieonthe... asks:
Q:

Step-daughter spiraling downward...

Hi.  I guess I've come to this point where I have no idea where to turn.  I'm hoping SOMEBODY reading this will be able to tell me something...

I have a 12 year old step-daughter.  This year she is in 6th grade.  She has missed 26 days of school, refused to hand in homework, skips the bus home therefor is not home to watch her younger brother, spends all her time on her cell phone, skips sports practices, misses games, fakes she's sick to stay home because she is avoiding detention...and all this is when she is with her mom.  When she is with her dad and me, she is not allowed to pull these tricks.  When dad reaches out to mom about her allowing these negative actions, she becomes irrate and says she doesn't have time for this.  Our hands are tied and we have no idea where to turn or what to do.

What can we do?  I'm fearful my step-daughter is going to hit rock bottom.

"Concerned Step-Mom from Upstate NY"
In Topics: Parenting / Our Family

|

A serious round table discussion with all the adults involved in the child's upbringing should be involved.  You may consider seeing a family therapist, or even a more drastic measure such as the child protective services if you think that your step daughter's behaviors are brought on by parental neglect.

To prevent behavioral problems, your step daughter needs consistency between the two households.

Bets regards.
0
0