desparatestepmom
desparatest... asks:
Q:

How do I get my stepson to listen

I have a 2 1/2 year old boy he is my stepson. i am at wits end he doesn't listen constantly throws fits,and never goes to bed unless we put him in our bed. His real mother just left him,and I'm the only.mother figure he knows. But whenever I try ne form of discipline he throws a fit. He hits me ,screams runs away. What can I so.
In Topics: Discipline and behavior challenges, Communicating with my child (The tough talks)

|

First, bravo for being very concerned about your step-son. This is a very difficult and transitional time for all in your family.

When a child is abandoned by a parent/caregiver there are often issues and subsequent behaviors that arise. There is an amount of grieving (loss), anxiety (what will happen that is so difficult - NEXT) and even guilt (What did I do?).  

You may wish to talk with local professionals who can help all the parties in your family. Also, programs in your local school district may be available or via social services.

Best wishes-

0
0