Anonymous
Q:

How do I stop my 7 year old son from whining?

My 7 year old son whines about EVERYTHING from being asked to clean his room to someone taking a toy that he wasn't even playing with.  I've talked to him about it, I've tried to ignore it nothing seems to work...

|
deneweth
deneweth writes:
Is your son an only child?/ He may be bored & needs direction. Show him HOW to clean the bedroom & tell him You'll read a 1/2 hour or watch a 1/2 hour video(DVD) show with him. Maybe he will do it competitively--againest a sibling. Like how much can he clean up (The right) way against sister or brother even You!
Good Luck --sons are hard---

0
0
CBrimmer
CBrimmer writes:
I have told my daughter that whining is not an acceptable way to communicate and when she is ready to speak we can discuss whats bothering her, and then leave her with a time limit to accomplish the task (a REASONABLE time!) She normally stops whining after a moment and does as she was told, then comes to me and calmly tells me that I'm unfair lol.

0
0
djorlo
djorlo writes:
When my children whine, I tell them I won't listen to them until they stop whining.  Then I pretend I can't hear them until they talk to me in a normal voice.  At that point, you can usually discuss the issue rationally with the child.

0
0