Motamouth52
Motamouth52 asks:
Q:

How do i stop getting bullied

im a student and i get bullied alot like im a boy and girls tell me to do stuff that only girls can do and how im to skinny a stupid crap like that

|

BBerry

I am very sorry to hear that you are being bullied. I hope you know that you are not alone! Many students are bullied, often due to ways in which they are different, whether this is their height, weight, the color of their skin, the things they can or can’t do well, the things they like to do, etc. Just because bullying is common does not mean it has to be a normal part of life, though. There are many things that you and others can do to prevent you and others from being bullied in the future. I will describe these in more detail but, in a nutshell, it is important to A) Report the bullying B) Do what you can to stop the bullying and C) Refrain from bullying others, even the students who are bullying you.

First, I recommend that you report the bullying that you are experiencing. Parents, teachers, counselors, principals, other school staff, friends, classmates, neighbors, etc. can all step in to help stop the bullying is happening BUT they cannot do this if they do not realize that there is a bullying problem!
 *If you have already told someone, only to find that the bullying didn’t stop, don’t give up! When students stop reporting the bullying they experience, adults often think the bullying has been stopped. They need to know that the bullying is still happening so that they can try something new! Often, it takes a few tries to successfully stop bullying.
 *If you feel that you are not being heard or taken seriously, tell other people what is happening to you. Often, adults can work together to help everyone realize what that the bullying you are experiencing is a serious problem.
       *Some students are afraid to report bullying because they are afraid the students who bully them will find out. In this case, try to find a time to report the bullying without the students who bully you being able to hear you. This might involve getting to class early or staying a little late to talk to a teacher, checking in with a trusted adult at school, telling a parent at home, etc.

You may also find that there are small things you can do to help stop the bullying that is happening to you.
     *Some students find that the students who bully them simply want to get an emotional reaction out of them. In these cases, the students who bully often get bored when the person they are bullying no longer gets upset and, instead, laughs, shrugs it off, or ignores them altogether.
     *Some students know that there are certain areas or times of day during which they are most likely to be bullied. Some of these areas and situations can be avoided. For example, a student who is being bullied when he hangs out outside before school may instead go straight inside when he gets to school in the morning. Another common situation is that students get bullied only when they are alone, so telling friends about your problem and walking with them when possible can be very helpful.

In any case, it is very important that you do not bully the students who are bullying you. Being bullied leads many people to feel sad, angry, frustrated, etc. and that is ok. It is not ok to act on those feelings by trying to get revenge on the students or to try to hurt them in an attempt to stop the bullying. I have worked with many students who, while being bullied, reacted by hitting, name-calling, or otherwise bullying the bullies. This can lead to serious consequences, like suspensions, detentions, loss of privileges, and even police tickets, expulsions, and serious injury. This can also make the bullying worse!

I hope this information gives you some ideas for stopping the bullying that is happening to you. Often, parents, teachers, and others in your life will have even more great ideas of how to stop the bullying. They can be wonderful resources for you and others! I wish you all the best!

2
1

nickay
nickay writes:
what grade are you in?

0
2
music1272
music1272 writes:
The truth is that there will always be bullies out there.We can't control people either.I'm sorry  if this doesn't help but maybe you can try to ignore them or talk to someone you trust about this.

0
0
music1272
music1272 writes:
First I am so sorry to hear that you getting bullied. If girls are bullying you maybe they just want to get your attention or maybe even like you. If this isn't true than you need to talk to them or someone you trust about this. I hope this helps you.

0
0
EdieRaether
EdieRaether , Teacher writes:
There are different types of bullies but some simply look for prey and thus you must stand tall and look them in the eyes and with a strong voice tell them to stop.  If you tolerate it, you are inviting it.  
Humor can help. Since this they are annoying but not cutting deep, in this case just blowing it off can be the best way to handle it.  Giving them attention can encourage them  If the comments become harsh, you may need to report it to the authorities at the school.  
Don't give your power to those who enjoy hurting others.  You have a choice on how you feel about yourself and the stronger you are the less likely you are to get harassed on this level.  Again....I say their comments are less severe although, I understand, they don't feel good.  
While we are trying to make the world a safer world, we have to develop some emotional immunity.    
I have lots of free blogs and articles at www.stopbullyingwithedie.com
Some may be helpful.  
Take good care,
Edie

0
0
moosey
moosey writes:
i now how u feel i use to get bully a lot. what i do is either tell them thats not true or ignore them but what i really do all the time is tell them that if you dont stop i will tell a techer and just kinda tell them off.

0
0
Sarpax
Sarpax writes:
I don't know how old you are, but, don't let it bother you.  Girls are mean, especially around 12 and 13 years old.  Ignore them if possible or talk to the principle about it.  Teachers can only talk to the girls about it.  The principle can act on it by letting the parents know or what ever other actions he has available for him to take.  Another thing you can do is act like it doesn't bother you and tell yourself positive things in your head when they do this.

0
1
lizziebell
lizziebell writes:
tell someone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1
0
joiie
joiie writes:
i am a student at sutton centre community college and i am getting bullied outside and inside of school and how do i make it stop and people saying that i put tissue down my bra when defo dont and it is doing my heading have told all my family and all my teachers at school. Please help me

1
0
yaya1371
yaya1371 , Student writes:
One: Report the bullying to a teacher or adult no matter how serious because if it's a problem for you it maybe a problem for others.
Two: Ignore it. Bullies usually target areas that annoy you.
Three: Remember that stick and stones may break your bones, but words will never break you:)

0
0