Anonymous
Q:

How to stop BULLYING?

I am a mother of a 3rd grader that goes to Cloverbank School and has been repeatedly bullied by one girl for at least a six month period on and off. I requested her seat to be moved and they put the girl from behind my daughter to next to my daughter. Then bullying did not stop requested to be moved again then was placed in front of my daughter. She also blocked her in a bathroom refusing to let her out and pinned her against the wall. Also, she kicked my daughter in lunch and my daughter fell out of her seat. No matter if we met with the principal or teacher of nurse or counselor nothing has been not. My daughter went back after school break and then was shoved into locker and fell on floor. I was told to contact the Board of Education to file a complaint but I have been on the computer for an hour and cannot get anywhere? Any suggestions? Good news my daughter was removed from school today and will not return due to safety reasons and will start her private schooling on Monday. The sad thing is my daughter had no issues until 3rd grade and she will now miss her friends. My daughter is also sad because she knows that the girl is bullying more that just her and she is afraid for the other children but they are too afraid to tell. Any suggestions will help to possibly save another child from being hurt and scared.

Thanks alot,
Concerned Parent!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
In Topics: Bullying and teasing, Discipline and behavior challenges

|

We're really glad that you're reaching out to others to try and get this situation at school under control. We can imagine how difficult this must be for you as a parent, but by being able to open up and reach out for help you really are taking a great step in the right direction.

If working with the school faculty is not getting the bullying under control, it would be a good idea to document as much of this as possible (times, dates when you talked to school faculty, etc.) and reach out to law enforcement. Bullying is illegal and should never be tolerated. The school has an obligation to keep your daughter and all of the other children safe. If they aren't getting this task accomplished, involving law enforcement would be the next step. Your daughter is important and does not deserve for this to be happening.

1-800-448-3000

0
0

scaredkid
scaredkid writes:
we are going tru the same thing but a knife was pulled on my son at DHS we are meeting with princible this morning .we will see what happens but if i had gone tru all the steps i would go to the board of education and i would call the police and talk to them also to see what they recomend i will let u know what happens cause there is to many bad things going on in our schools today

0
0
mamakanga
mamakanga writes:
First, document the date and time you contacted school officials (teacher, principal, school board) and write down the conversation word for word as you remember. Then call the police and press charges. Nothing is getting done and placing the student in private school will not solve the bully issue. Involve the law, because bullying is illegal.

0
0
lisanly22
lisanly22 writes:
Whether or not you have been bullied, there are things you can do to stop bullying. The first thing you should do is to tell a teacher, nurse, or other trusted adult at your school if bullying happens at your school. This may seem like tattling, but it’s not. The victim of a bully is someone you can protect. By telling someone at school about bullying, you are protecting the victim the same as if you stood up to a bully yourself.Try staying away from the bully and join a group of friends. Talk to school authorities about a bullying policy

0
0
Palmtree3
Palmtree3 writes:
I'm really sorry to hear this, but moving schools for this isn't what you should do to her.  I understand this is bad, but your teaching her to run away from bullying and it gets worse as you get older.  Bullying happens at every school so moving schools will make it worse for her.  I recomend letting your daughter know to stick up for her self tell the bully to stop and tell the teacher her self.  You should make sure the teacher see's this and is wacthing if not ask her nicely to pay wacth out for this.

1
1
mrs.mclovin
mrs.mclovin writes:
easy talk to a witness then go to the bully

1
0
charlylove
charlylove writes:
TELL SOMEONE

0
0
880034
880034 writes:
ignore them they will have to stop sometime.they will get bored with you sometime

0
0